Is that gunpowder I smell? It’s hard to believe but we are just a few weeks away from the start of our 2016 season. With that, I would like to remind everyone that there is a mandatory parent and participant team meeting on March 16 @ 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM at Jefferson Sportsmen’s Association. We will be reviewing our safety rules, going over our practice and competition schedules, reviewing the latest SCTP/SASP and AIM news and rules, and looking at opportunities for parents to help. Please bring you calendars and questions.
Support from our parents is the backbone of this program. We will be forming committees so that the burden of these jobs will not fall on any one person. Many hands make light work. Please consider where you can pitch in and come to the team meeting prepared to sign up. If prior to the meeting you have any questions or need additional details just let me know.
- Photo Committee
- Group of a few people from each of our disciplines that will take photos of team events and share them with the group. Looking for people with a nicer camera but I’ll take people with a nice cell phone camera.
- Travel Committee
- Group that will help plan away trips…hotels, food, drinks, activities, etc.
- Fundraising/Boosters Committee
- Group to develop and organize a fundraiser and will help me petition businesses for donations.
- Trap Practice Food
- A couple people that would prepare something very simple like hotdogs and chips at our Trap practices. This supports our shooters, families, and coaches on busy weeknights.
- Pullers and Scores
- Group that learns how to correctly score and runs the scoring at our practices.
- Trap House Helpers
- Adult volunteers that keep the trap houses full
Anthony Matarese Sporting Clays Clinic – April 2, 2016
I have four (4) openings remaining for our Sporting Clays Clinic with Anthony Matarese at M&M Hunting Preserve & Sporting Clays in Pennsville Township, NJ. The cost of this three hour, 100 target, youth group lesson is $45. This is an incredible opportunity for both the experienced and intermediate shooters. Team members interested in one of the remaining openings please get back to me ASAP.
Current list of attendees: Daniel Riale, Dawson Sterner, Ryan Hayes, Samuel Rooney, Adam Simmons, Chloe Sterner, Elijah LaBrozzi, Jacob Lloyd
Trap States Hotel – June 10-11, 2016
I have a block of 15 rooms for June 10-11, 2016. Rooms can be reserved for one day or for both. The Group will receive a special rate of $142.00/per Two Queen Beds room/per night + tax. The Group will have until May 10, 2016 to secure reservations, after this date the remaining rooms will be released back into the hotel’s general inventory. Individuals should call the hotel directly to secure their reservations. Use the Group name “Mason Dixon Clay Busters” when making your reservation.
IMPORTANT! Please join Remind (text message service)
Remind is a free, safe, easy-to-use communication tool that helps us connect instantly with athletes and parents. To receive important messages via text, text @mdcb to 412-927-1441. Or to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. This is not meant to replace our regular email communications; this will only be used for cancellations and last minute changes.
2016 SCTP/SASP Nationals (July 11-16, 2016)
It’s never too early to start planning for YOUR National Championship. As in the past, it will be our goal to cover registration fees for this event. If you have interest in attending Nationals please contact me to get your name on the list. This is not meant to lock you in, it’s just a way for me to gauge how much interest we have.
Mason-Dixon athletes who at this point are planning to attend Nationals
- Mark Beardsley (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Stephanie Beardsley (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Preston Whiteman (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Tori Mann (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Shelby Evans
- Ryanne Whiteman (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Chloe Sterner (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Dawson Sterner (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Jacob Lloyd (Camping at Cardinal Center)
- Sam Rooney
- Dan Riale
- Rachel Sauers
- Gianna Patti (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
- Garrett Gajewski
- Adam Simmons (Holiday Inn Express Mt Vernon)
- Emily Simmons (Holiday Inn Express Mt Vernon)
- David Bell (Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I71 North)
Sponsors and Donations
As I’m sure you can understand, it takes a lot of resources to run a quality youth program like ours so Mason-Dixon is continually looking for additional partners and sponsors to help keep the costs down for our athletes and parents. The registration fees our athletes pay cover only a fraction of the true cost associated with participating in our program. Without the help we receive from our supporters many of the athletes in our program couldn’t afford to participate in the Shooting Sports.
That’s why I need your help! Over the years I have just about exhausted my list of potential sponsors and I’m hoping that some of you may be willing to help me find some new sponsors for the team.
While businesses that sell shooting supplies are a perfect fit, don’t limit yourself to those. A local business whose owner supports the shooting sports and/or youth activities might be an ideal candidate. The person who owns an auto parts store or hair salon might be an avid shooter or 2nd Amendment supporter who would be proud to be associated with a youth shooting team.
Every dollar we raise goes right back to the team and since we are a 501c3, donations to the team can be tax deductible.
Help me help our athletes! Contact me to get started and for valuable information I can provide you to help reach potential supporters. If everyone chips in and finds a sponsor or two it would make a huge difference in the ability of our program to meet the needs of our athletes.