Hello all, I thought we had an outstanding practice at Glen Rock. Things went smooth and there were a bunch of excellent scores. Congratulations go out to both Donovan Barry and Dan Gibbs for posting their first 25 Straight.
Next week’s trap practice (May 2, 2012) will be at Izaak Walton. We also have a Sporting Clays practice at Hopewell on May 3, 2012. Two boxes of ammo will be provided at each of the remaining practices, until our supply runs out.
Signup sheets for each of our competitions will be available at our practices, see Mrs. Marcia. If you plan to attend please add you name to the list. If you know for sure that you are not attending, just put an X next to your name. I need to have our state squads into the SCTP by May 18, 2012 so May 11, 2012 will be the last day to sign up. Just to reiterate, ONLY our State Competitions will have fees paid and ammo provided by our NRA Grant.
Competition Fees and Ammo provided by our Friends of NRA Grant for the following shoots:
- PA SCTP Olympic Trap Championship (KSP) – May 4-5, 2012
- PA AIM Trap Championship (PSSA) – June 9,2012 (ATA & AIM Membership Required)
- PA SCTP Trap Championship (PSSA) – June 10, 2012 (ATA Membership Required)
- PA SCTP Sporting Clays Championship (CPSC) – June 16, 2012 (NSCA or NSSA Membership Required)
- PA SCTP Skeet Championship (WSA) – June 23, 2012 (NSCA or NSSA Membership Required)
Competition Fees and Ammo must be provided by the participant for the following shoots:
- SCTP Trap Fun Shoot (IWLAMA) – April 28, 2012 ($10 Targets Fees, 100 Shells Required)
- ATA Shoot / AIM Zone Shoot (GRSC) – May 12, 2012 ($19 Targets Fees, 100 Shells Required, AIM & ATA Membership Required)
- Sporting Clays Scrimmage (BRSC) – June 3, 2012 ($12 Targets Fees, 100 Shells Required)
Hotel for State Trap Shoot
The travel portion of our NRA grant was not approved this year so I don’t have any money to help with travel expenses, however, I have booked ten rooms at the Hampton Inn Danville at a discounted rate. The rooms will cost $139 plus tax per night (June 9-10) and are being held until May 15, 2012. After that the rate goes up to $179. To make reservations call 570-271-2500 and tell them you are with the “Mason-Dixon Clay Busters”.
Hotel for Nationals
I have gone ahead and booked ten rooms at the Holiday Inn Fairview Heights at a discounted rate. The rooms will cost $92 plus tax per night (July 16-22) and are being held until July 2, 2012. After that the rate goes up to $139. To make reservations call 618-212-1300 and tell them you are with the “Scholastic Clay Target Program”.