Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It looks like we will be able to field three full squads plus! I have put together some information for you to review. Marcia and I will not be at the shoot but you will have some very capable helpers to run the day. Dale Wise will act as head coach and Alma Rooney will be helping on the administration end.
- SCTP Mid Atlantic Regional Trap Tournament – Saturday, August 1, 2015
- CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 9:00AM
- PRACTICE TRAP OPEN AT 9:00AM
- SHOOTING BEGINS AT 10:00AM
- 100 16 YARD TRAP TARGETS
- HOSTED BY: West Chester Gun Club
- The shoot starts at 10am so I need everyone at the range no later than 9:15am. Google says it takes about 1.5 hours to get there from York so please plan accordingly.
- Ms Alma will have the sign-in sheet. Find her and SIGN IN AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE.
- Please make sure you wear or bring your team shirt to the competition.
- Please make sure your guns are clean and in good working order.
- The registration fees for this shoot are $36 however our fantastic sponsors will be covering our fees.
- Ammo will NOT be provided by the team. Participants will need to bring at least 125 rounds of ammo with them to the shoot. You never know, you may be in a shoot off and you will need an extra box
- Some things you should consider bringing to the shoot; Gun (back-up gun if you have one), Ammo (extra for practice and shoot offs), Ear Protection, Shooting Glasses (extra if you have them), Lenses Cleaner and Clean Cloth, Shooting Vest or Shell Pouch, Two Extra Shells for your Vest or Pouch, Hat or Visor, Shooting Towel, Shell Catcher, Barrel Rest Pad, Tools, Cleaning Supplies and Extra Gun Parts, Gun oil or lube, Bag to hold empty shells, Sun Screen, Bug Spray, Bottled Water and Sport Drinks, Energy Bars or Healthy Snacks, Rain Gear, Bandages and Band Aids, Folding Chairs for Spectators and Shooters.
- Don’t forget, it gets hot, and when it does athletes need a place to get out of the sun. I encourage you to bring chairs and canopies along with you.
- The practice trap will open at 9am. It will be first come first served and I expect it will be very busy. Make sure you bring additional ammo if you plan to shoot a practice round.
- Food will be available to purchase onsite. There are other eating options in the area as well. West Chester will provide cold bottled water.
- We will be shooting 50 targets per trap. For those that have not done that before it’s not a big deal. You just shoot two rounds of 25 targets at your first house then you move to your second house and complete your last two rounds of 25.
- Keep things moving please be mindful of the time shooters take between rounds.
- Awards will be handed out after all shooting is complete. Please plan to attend the awards so you can show your support to all of the winners.
A couple of very important things….
First…Please make sure you wear or bring your team shirts. It’s fine with me if you don’t want to shoot in it but please bring it along for awards and photos.
Second… ties for this shoot will be settled by shoot off so please bring a little extra ammo and PLEASE plan to stay until the end and the awards ceremony. I’m not sure how long the day will run but if you are unable to stay please let me know now and I’ll make adjustments to the squads.
Marcia and I are out of town all week so I will not be able to setup a practice however if you want to go on your own Loch Raven is open on Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Izaak Walton is open on Monday. And Glen Rock and Jefferson are open on Thursday.
That’s all I can think of. Below is the address to the club and our squads for the day. If you have any questions please feel free to get back to me.
Intermediate Division (Grades 6 through 8)
- Bell, David – 1313648
- Nelson, Edwin – N/A
- Gajewski, Garrett – 1513484
- Sauers, Rachel – 1513490
- Patti, Gianna – 1513488
Junior Varsity Division (Grades 9 through 12) – 1st year of participation in the Senior Division.
- Riale, Daniel – 1213700
- Metzger, Nathan – 1313572
- Mann, Tori – 1513487
- Reed, Kristen – 1513489
- LaBrozzi, Elijah – 1513485
Varsity Division – After one year of participation in the Senior Division.
- Wise, Darin – 1214190
- Simmons, Sarah – 1215129
- Rooney, Sam – 1114239
- Littman, Stuart – 1416682
- Adkins, Jeremy – 1315070
- Simmons, Emily – 1215126
- Carpenter, Robbie – 1416892
West Chester Gun Club
200 E. Boot Rd
West Chester,PA 19341