Wow, the year has flown by! The reason for my email is twofold. One is to keep everyone in the loop as to the latest team news and information regarding Mason-Dixon and second, is to announce the beginning of our SCTP registration period for the 2012 season.
Mason-Dixon had a fantastic 2011 and we are looking forward to building on those successes in 2012. This offseason has been a very busy one. I have applied for two Friends of NRA grants. One is for practice ammunition and targets to help keep our overall expenses down, and the second would provide funding for us to attend our state competitions. These grants are very important to the success of the program so please keep them in your prayers. Don’t forget, we are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization so if you know of any business or organization that would be willing to make a donation to our program please let me know. Any help with fundraising would be greatly appreciated.
Mason-Dixon will once again offer multiple disciplines to our shooters for 2012. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays and Olympic Trap will all be available. Participate in one discipline or shoot in them all, it’s totally up to you.
For the most part our practice and competition schedules will remain the same as last season. Trap practices will be on Wednesdays, Sporting Clays will vary, most likely Thursdays or Saturdays depending on the location, and Skeet and Olympic Trap will vary depend on interest. The season will kick off in March and conclude in June after our state championship events and for those who would like to take the next step and travel to Nationals, the season will run a little longer. I’m in the process of finalizing our 2012 schedule and I hope to have a final version to you in a few weeks. Below are a few important dates that I can share at this time, remember all of these are optional.
- April 21 & 22, 2012 – SCTP Mid-Atlantic Regional Olympic Trap Championship, Keystone Shooting Park, Dalmatia, PA
- May 5 & 6, 2012 – PA SCTP Olympic Trap Championship, Keystone Shooting Park, Dalmatia, PA
- June 9, 2012 – PA AIM Trap Championship, Pennsylvania State Sportsmen’s Association Homegrounds, Elysburg PA
- June 10, 2012 – PA SCTP Trap Championship, Pennsylvania State Sportsmen’s Association Homegrounds, Elysburg PA
- June 16, 2012 – PA SCTP Sporting Clays Championship, Central Penn Sporting Clays, Wellsville, PA
- June 23, 2012 – PA SCTP Skeet Championship, Washington Sportsmen’s Association, Washington, PA
- July 17-21, 2012 – SCTP National Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Championships, World Shooting and Recreational Complex, Sparta IL
- August 4-7, 2012 – AIM National Trap Championship, World Shooting and Recreational Complex, Sparta IL
We are going to open our registration up a little early this year. The SCTP has made their registration information available so I’m going to take advantage of that and do the same. Attached is our 2012 SCTP registration packet. If you qualify for the SCTP (Grades 6-12), and you would like to shoot with the Mason-Dixon Clay Busters in 2012 please fill out the attached forms and mail them back to me with a check for $15 payable to the “Mason-Dixon Clay Busters”. Please make sure you select all the DISCIPLINES (Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Olympic Trap) you would like to participate in on your application.
Registration will be limited to 30 participants in Trap, 20 in Sporting Clays, 20 in Skeet and 20 in Olympic Trap with preference given to returning shooters. Remember, how many disciplines you participate is totally up to you. If you would like to shoot trap only, that is fine. If you would like to shoot all four disciplines, that’s fine also but please make sure you mark the disciplines you intend to participle in on your application prior to sending it in.
Thanks and call me if you have any questions or need additional information.